There are different reasons why AdFender may not be able to block ads in certain situations. Please note some of the common reasons why this happens and follow the instructions below...
- Make sure your browser is listed on the 'Applications' tab and is checked for filtering
- Make sure you have filter lists enabled on the the 'Filters' tab
- If the browser updated automatically (running with admin rights), restart the browser
- You may have previously downloaded ads in your browser's cache. Clear the cache and reload the page
- Verify your firewall settings to make sure AdFender is allowed to connect to the Internet
- AdFender does not filter secure web pages (browser address bar starts with https://)
Once you have verified the above, close all browser instances and restart AdFender. Browse some sites and open the AdFender main console. If the counters under "Current Session" have non-zero values, then AdFender is working as intended. If not, you can manually configure your browser to use AdFender as the HTTP proxy. The host name or proxy address should be set to "127.0.0.1" (your own computer) and the port should be set to 7070 (default). Please refer to your browser help manual on how to manually configure HTTP proxy settings.